To: Continental Directors, Regional Leaders, National Messiahs, National Leaders
From: FFWPU International Office
Date: January 8, 2001
Title: Information on the changed method of the second generation's blessing.
The conclusion of the providence that began with True Parents' 80th
Birthday celebration on February 10, 2000 (1.6 by the lunar calendar)
will come to fruition with the Coronation Ceremony for the Kingship
of God to be held on January 13, 2001. True Parents have guided the
blessed families as tribal messiahs, and have blessed them as fourth
Adams through the Registration Blessing. Finally, they opened the era
wherein we can pray in our own names. Our victorious True Parents,
welcoming the age of the family kingship of the original creation, have
given their blessing on the era when parents can take responsibility
for the blessing of their children.
According to True Parents' instructions, please will all continental
directors and national leaders inform the members of the content below
regarding the blessing of the second generation, so that all blessed
families can embrace and follow this change in the providence.
- Applications for Second Generation Matching Candidates
- Leaders of each nation should carefully check the qualifications
of blessing candidates in accordance with their identity as second
- All second generation blessing should be conducted directly by the
parents under the good offices of the church leader.
- Educational qualifications for becoming second generation blessing
- Attended 21 days Divine Principle workshop
- Attended 2 days Blessing workshop
- Individual interview
- Recommendation letter from the church leader
- Leaders from each nation should officially announce the list of
the blessing candidates who pass all the required educational courses
mentioned above and who have the necessary qualifications. According
to the list, each family, each nation and each continent will actively
exchange information on the blessing candidates for the smooth matching
procedure among the nations and continents.
- No second generation member who has had the problem of the sexual
fall can be a candidate in the second generation blessing. He (She)
must wait for the special forgiveness blessing.
- Leaders of each nation should confirm the final list of second
generation matching candidates by January 10.
- After confirming the list, each family, each nation and each continent,
and all continents together, must cooperate for the sake of the matching
and properly manage the list.
- Each nation should report its list of second generation matching
candidates to the continental office. Each continental office is to work
to support the matching process within the continent and in relation to
- Each nation and continent should maintain the confirmed list of second
generation matching candidates in its continental office in a computer
- Each nation or continent should organize second generation matching
workshops to provide the opportunity for the candidates to meet and
confirm their match.
- The matching should be handled only according to the officially
announced list of candidates. In the case that someone is matched with
someone not on the list, that couple cannot receive official recognition
as a second generation blessed family.
- Each continental headquarters must send the list of candidates to
FFWPU international office (World Mission HQ) in Seoul. Each continental
headquarters must also prepare a list of the couples who have been
matched where at least one person of the couple is from that continent.