Special Outreach Campaign for the "Grass Roots" Development
of our Movement
40 days from 18th February to 29th March 2001.
FFWPU Vice-President, Europe
Thursday, 15 February 2001
There follows a summary of the key points for this 40-Day Campaign,
as expressed by President Sa at our European Leaders' Meeting in Prague.
- We can have many different goals, but we need to challenge to find
new Family Members, as the overall development of our Movement depends
on increasing our "grass roots" membership.
- We should concentrate to gain members early in the year. Later we
can expect to become busy with many other projects and requests directly
from True Parents.
- Each nation can have a different pattern of activity during the 40
days, depending on that nation's particular situation, but ALL nations
should participate in the 40 Day Campaign.
- Do not be limited by your nation's past results. Rather feel that,
on the foundation of "The Coronation Ceremony of God's Kingship", we
can expect many significant breakthroughs. We are living in a new era.
- Federation members -- take care in many ways, so that they can become
Witnessing Goals for 2001
||7,000 new Family Members
||1,000 new Family Members in each Region
- Qualification - New Family Members must have completed
a 3-Day Divine Principle Seminar (Friday evening to Sunday lunch)
- National Prize - The first nation to achieve 1,000 Family Members
- Development of Sunday Service attendance
- Increase in number of Local Centres
- Directions and Suggestions to Support Development
- The Team System - A way to develop our sense of community, offer
pastoral care and support to members and families, encourage activity,
and strengthen the grass roots of our Movement.
Co-ordinators should be decided by the end of February.
- Membership records - By the end of February each nation should
submit a name list of existing Family Members, organised by Local Family
Church/Centre. This will identify those existing members to whom you will
offer pastoral care and should be inclusive especially of Blessed members
who accepted DP and True Parents. Categorise the level of involvement as:
A - active (regular attendance and contribution)
P - passive (little or no attendance, but in contact)
H - children over 12 years who are HARP members. Thereafter this
membership list should be updated monthly in your national membership
- 3-Day Seminar 30th March to 1st April – Conclude the 40-Day Campaign
with a final 3-Day Seminar the results of which will be included in
- Hoon Dok Hwe Conferences
Decide a schedule of conferences on the National and Local level. Hold on
a smaller scale and economically. Develop the educational contents. Gain
the support of VIPs to offer commentaries, but include a majority
of participants who are "witnessing contacts", relatives/hometown
- Blessing Ceremonies -
Schedule National and Local Blessing Ceremonies. Make beautiful,
meaningful ceremonies, even centering on a few previously married couples,
but invite many relatives, friends, contacts, VIPs etc and develop as
a way to witness to FFWPU and the ideal of Blessing and True Family.
- Tribal Witnessing -
Support Blessed Families to witness to their family/tribe/friends. True
Father is emphasising that our tribe should be our primary witnessing
- National Witnessing Team -
Liberate some members to participate in full-time witnessing.
- Develop creative ideas nation by nation
Each nation must pay attention to "The Main Directions for Developing
the European Movement", but should also develop particular programs and
emphasis according to the national circumstances.
- Regional Level Co-operation-
Organise projects and educational programs on a Regional level.
I hope that this summary supports your Nation's activity during this
period. Please harness, stimulate and appreciate all the sincere efforts
of our precious membership. Let us use all our insight and creativity
to maximise sustainable development and a significant strengthening of
the grass roots of our Movement.
May God Bless you in all your efforts.
FFWPU Vice-President, Europe